- Frontier hosts consumer credit discussion event05.03.2014.
- Growing pains – New Frontier Economics bulletin14.02.2014.
- Patients, patients – New Frontier Economics bulletin14.02.2014.
- Interconnector Participation in European Capacity Remuneration Mechanisms10.02.2014.
- Channel 4 wins awards for viewer engagement strategy06.02.2014.
- Can government intervention in childcare be justified?03.02.2014.
- Is Bale the Real deal? New Frontier Economics bulletin01.02.2014.
- European Commission publishes 2030 policy framework for climate and energy22.01.2014.
- New Frontier study on effects of capital investment in affordable housing20.01.2014.
- Frontier speaks at competition law forum in Münster16.01.2014.
Emissions trading a crucial tool for promoting renewables
Frontier (Europe) has today published a study for RWE AG on market design for the European power sector and the support mechanisms for promoting renewable energy generation.
The report, a collaboration with r2b consulting, finds that the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) should be used as the main instrument for promoting renewable generation. Although support systems may be necessary in the immediate future in order to avoid major disruptions, they need to be reformed with transitional measures to integrate renewable energies into the European competitive power market. To minimise distortions to the EU ETS, the study recommends that renewable support schemes be clearly phased out.
For more information, please contact Miriam Rau at email@example.com or call +49 221 337 131 00.
|Frontier Report - RWE ETS.pdf||Printer friendly|