- How expansion at Heathrow will add routes and save money on ticket prices17.04.2014.
- Why discount supermarkets aren’t all they seem16.04.2014.
- EC clears Deutsche Telekom’s acquisition of GTS Central Europe15.04.2014.
- New Australia-Japan Free Trade Agreement08.04.2014.
- Frontier hosts discussion on healthcare regulation24.03.2014.
- Frontier Chairman authors report on wellbeing20.03.2014.
- Frontier speaks on dominance and pricing issues in network industries18.03.2014.
- Water regulator announces initial assessment of business plans10.03.2014.
- Frontier hosts consumer credit discussion event05.03.2014.
- Growing pains – New Frontier Economics bulletin14.02.2014.
Emissions trading a crucial tool for promoting renewables
Frontier (Europe) has today published a study for RWE AG on market design for the European power sector and the support mechanisms for promoting renewable energy generation.
The report, a collaboration with r2b consulting, finds that the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) should be used as the main instrument for promoting renewable generation. Although support systems may be necessary in the immediate future in order to avoid major disruptions, they need to be reformed with transitional measures to integrate renewable energies into the European competitive power market. To minimise distortions to the EU ETS, the study recommends that renewable support schemes be clearly phased out.
For more information, please contact Miriam Rau at email@example.com or call +49 221 337 131 00.
|Frontier Report - RWE ETS.pdf||Printer friendly|