- Frontier blog on healthcare service reconfiguration and competition issues05.12.2013.
- Frontier article in new handbook on energy transition in Germany02.12.2013.
- Better design reduces triggers of violence and aggression in A&E28.11.2013.
- Coalition agreement implies reforms of the German Renewable Energy Act27.11.2013.
- Frontier comments on the design of bidding zones in the EU electricity market22.11.2013.
- Frontier speaks on regulation of the postal industry in Europe 21.11.2013.
- Tate Britain opens newly renovated gallery19.11.2013.
- Janet Wright joins Frontier Economics15.11.2013.
- Bahrain telecoms regulator proposes a partial deregulation of broadband internet11.11.2013.
- OFT clears London pathology joint venture 08.11.2013.
Emissions trading a crucial tool for promoting renewables
Frontier (Europe) has today published a study for RWE AG on market design for the European power sector and the support mechanisms for promoting renewable energy generation.
The report, a collaboration with r2b consulting, finds that the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) should be used as the main instrument for promoting renewable generation. Although support systems may be necessary in the immediate future in order to avoid major disruptions, they need to be reformed with transitional measures to integrate renewable energies into the European competitive power market. To minimise distortions to the EU ETS, the study recommends that renewable support schemes be clearly phased out.
For more information, please contact Miriam Rau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 221 337 131 00.
|Frontier Report - RWE ETS.pdf||Printer friendly|