Frontier’s Dave Foster and George Houpis will both be speaking at this year’s conference.
Dave Foster will give a presentation titled “Economics Perspective on Mergers in the TMT Sector”. His presentation will cover major developments in EU and UK merger control in the sector – including key theories of harm involving platforms and data, and the approach to remedies.
George Houpis will speak on the panel “Merger Control in the Telecoms Sector: What Next for Consolidation?”. The panel will discuss significant recent telecoms merger decisions and what they mean for consolidation in the sector. On the panel with George will be:
• Nick Woodrow - Head of Competition Law, Vodafone
• Eleni Gouliou - Director, Mergers, Competition and Markets Authority
• Katie Curry - Economics Director, Ofcom
• Belinda Bagge - Legal Director, Competition and Regulatory Law, BT
• Martin McElwee - Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer