As an intern you can expect to be:
- Working on projects with a variety of colleagues, from analysts to directors.
- Receiving guidance, feedback and support throughout.
- Learning and developing your skills through a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- Involving yourself in a range of company activities, like writing the weekly newsletter or arranging a seminar.
Your first week at Frontier
- Induction – We’ll give you all the support and guidance you need to get you started.
- Training – Learn the programmes we use including Excel.
- Mentoring – Meet with your new mentor - typically a senior consultant - responsible for advising you and monitoring your performance.
- Buddy – Meet your “buddy” who will help answer any general queries about Frontier.
- Practice work – Find out about your practice and project work.
We are looking for final or second year undergraduates in Economics, or those enrolled in an Economics-based postgraduate course having got at least a 2:1 or equivalent degree.
All applicants must be fluent in English. Applicants to Cologne and Berlin must also be fluent in German, applicants to Madrid must be fluent in Spanish and applicants to Paris must be fluent in French. Other European languages are an advantage, particularly French and Dutch, as well as Central and Eastern European languages, particularly Polish.
The interview process is open, friendly and consists of one interview. We will assess your consulting skills and economic knowledge.
Your interview will involve a case study discussion based on the type of projects we undertake at Frontier. To prepare you for the discussion we will give some background information on the case study. Although the market and the subject area may be new to you, the material is intended to provide you with a basis for identifying the relevant economic concepts that you may be asked to discuss. We want to explore the strength of your knowledge in economics and the ability to apply it to solve problems. Your ability to communicate clearly and to convey complex messages in straightforward language will also be assessed.
We are not currently accepting applications for internships. Please check back later in the year.
If you would like to apply for a vacancy you will need to create an account and complete an online application form.
In order to submit an online application form you will need to provide the following information:
- Your personal details
- A personal statement
- A CV
- Educational qualifications
- Work Experience, Awards and Extra Curriculum (If applicable)
You will also have to confirm the office you would like to apply to. However please check first to see if the office you have selected has a vacancy. You can check this on the Vacancies and Apply page. You must also be fluent in the language of the country you are applying to.
In order for your application to be considered you must fully complete each section. Take the time to think about your Personal Statement and think about why you are applying to Frontier, why you would like to become an economic consultant and why we should consider you.
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, all personal information is anonymised in line with our equal opportunities policy. Each application is carefully reviewed as part of our shortlisting process. You will be notified after this process if you have been invited to an interview or if, unfortunately, we are unable to process your application further. It is important to note that applications are considered on a rolling basis and interviews are conducted throughout the year. Therefore there are no set dates for interviews and you will be contacted to arrange a suitable interview date.
Before you begin your application read our checklist:
- Are you eligible to apply and meet the standard entry requirements?
- Have you checked that your office preference has a vacancy?
- Do you meet the language requirements for your selected office location?
Visit our Vacancies and Apply page to start your application.
Working at Frontier
From Intern to Analyst to Consultant. See how Emily completed our Undergraduate Programme, and her experience of the Frontier culture
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Then why not give us a call or drop a quick email