Health and social care outcomes are driven by many factors, not least the dedication of the people who work in the sector. Economic regulation is one tool that can help them deliver better results: to channel money where it’s most needed, to reward high quality and to help make difficult decisions about priorities.
Health and social care has unique regulatory characteristics, including the complexity of the conditions, treatments and payment systems. Our knowledge of regulatory best practice, both in healthcare and in other sectors, is second to none.
- Developing regulation to be consistent with the strategy for more integrated care
- Developing frameworks for overseeing social care provision under the new reforms
- Advising the NHS for over a decade on its pricing strategy
- Modelling the cost structure of health and care providers
- Benchmarking and efficiency analysis
- Interaction between clinical and economic regulation
- Advising on GP contracting and the economics of GP and dental practices
- Advising commissioners on pricing and supply
As well as our work in the UK, we’ve worked on healthcare regulation across Europe, most recently for the French healthcare regulator.
READ MORE ABOUT OUR WORK: